Offices & Facilities
Power Curbers moved to a new location in its home city of Salisbury, NC, in 2007. The facility is at Exit 76, on Bendix Drive, just off I-85 which is a main transportation route through North Carolina and the Eastern Coast of the USA. We relocated after over 40 years at our former site that was closer to downtown Salisbury.
In the office area, an open environment aids communications and reduces duplicated work. A state-of-the-art training center features wi-fi, a hands-on electronics lab, and a climate-controlled space for training on a slipform machine.
The manufacturing facility includes many lean manufacturing concepts allowing us to quickly and efficiently meet customer demand for customized machinery. Production at our new home has increased to allow processing from raw material to a finished machine in 14 working hours.
The manufacturing facility features:
- 90,500 square feet of space.
- 34 cranes, some for lifting as much as 5 tons and one for lifting 10 tons.
- 75,000 feet of conduit and 300,000 feet of wiring.
- A 4000 AMP power supply.
- 18-foot long racks for storing and moving steel through the plant so that it does not have to be lifted.
- Buggies, or carts, to move the 1,347 parts that are required for the construction of a 5700-D. There are 66 buggies of different sizes that are filled with parts and moved by a “tugger”.
Power Pavers also moved to a new and larger facility in 2006 in order to meet the demand for our machines. The move offers more space for both manufacturing and offices. We’re located off Highway 218, north of Cedar Falls, IA in the Midwestern section of the USA.
The building encompasses 34,000 square feet and includes our offices, manufacturing area, and space for parts and product support activities. With 30 acres at the facility, we have room to expand.